BACCALAUREATE. The philosophy baccalaureate takes place on June 15 and the Grand Oral takes place from June 20 for high school students in Terminale. Discover the dates of the tests for future graduates, as well as the coefficients, mentions and evaluation criteria.
[Mise à jour du 7 juin 2022 à 14h54]. This year, 709,399 candidates present themselves for the 2022 baccalaureate session and 64,050 proofreaders will look at just over 3.5 million copies in a few days. On the approach of the philosophy test which takes place on June 15 and the Grand oral which begins on June 20, 2022 for the Terminale students, the new Minister of National Education made a point of sending his wishes of success to the candidates. He also recalls, in a press release dated June 7, that this new general and technological baccalaureate aims to “prepare high school students for training requirements
higher education: continuous monitoring values regular work throughout
year round; specialty examswhich were held in May
last, develop the expertise and excellence of the candidates; the written test of
philosophy reflects the requirement of a common academic culture allowing
young people to become free and enlightened citizens; the Grand Oral test allows
practice argumentation and public speaking“. In the way
professional, the new organization of courses, towards the CAP or the baccalaureate
professional, “allows more expression of each person’s talents, in particular
thanks to the realization of masterpieces, guarantee of success for the pursuit of studies
or integration into the professional world” adds Pap Ndiaye.
What are the dates of the next exams for the 2022 baccalaureate?
Dates of the general and technological baccalaureate:
- Bac philo 2022. The philosophy test takes place on June 15, 2022.
- Grand oral: between June 20 and July 1, 2022.
- Catch-up tests: from July 6 to 8, 2022.
Dates of the French baccalaureate 2022
The advance written French tests take place on Thursday, June 16, 2022, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The French oral takes place from June 20. It should be noted that the dates of the French oral tests are fixed by the academies and that the texts are reduced this year to 16 in the general track and to 9 in the technological track.
Dates of the professional baccalaureate:
- Mathematics and physics chemistry: from May 23 to June 3, 2022
- French, history-geography and EMC : June 14, 2022
- Prevention, health and environment: June 15, 2022
- Applied arts and artistic cultures : June 16, 2022
- Written professional tests : from June 16 to June 23, 2022
- Modern languages A : June 23, 2022
- Modern languages B : June 24, 2022
- Control tests : from July 6 to 8, 2022.
The Grand Oral focuses on two specialty courses. During the 20 minutes of preparation for the Grand oral (first part of the test with a 5-minute presentation), students can take notes and use them for the speaking exercise. During the second part of the test (interview), “the candidate can use a support, such as a table, to illustrate or explain his remarks (to put an equation on it, sketch a map, etc.)”.
When are the baccalaureate results?
- Bac results: In 2022, candidates will know whether or not they have graduated from the baccalaureatefrom Tuesday 5 July.
- Remedial orals: Students with an average between 8 and 9.99/20 will be able to take the catch-up orals from Wednesday July 6 to Friday July 8, 2022.
- Replacement written tests take place from Wednesday 7 to Friday 9 September for the technological baccalaureate, and from 7 to 12 September for the general baccalaureate. Professional baccalaureate candidates will take the replacement session from September 6 to 16, 2022.
Continuous and terminal assessment: how to calculate your baccalaureate grade?
For students in the general and technological baccalaureate, continuous assessment counts for 40% of the final grade : the average of the reports of 1st has a coefficient 5 just like the teaching of specialty followed only in 1st. In this percentage, we also find history geography, modern language A and modern language B which have a coefficient of 6.33 and scientific education and PE which have a coefficient of 5 and which are linked to the final cycle 2022-2022. Finally, moral and civic education, which has a coefficient of 1, is also part of continuous assessment. LThe final check counts for 60% of the final grade. The anticipated French tests have a coefficient of 5 for the oral and 5 for the written. The two specialty courses have a coefficient of 16 and philosophy a coefficient of 8. Finally, the Grand Oral has a coefficient of 10 in general. The Ministry of National Education offers a table on its site allowing you to easily calculate our grade.
Bac 2022: what coefficients?
Final or anticipated tests
Of the 100 coefficients, 60 would be obtained in the context of anticipated tests or final tests:
- Advance examinations for the French baccalaureate at the end of first year (written, coefficient 5; oral, coefficient 5);
- The two tests for specialty lessons followed in terminale (coefficient 16 for each of them). This therefore represents 32% of the final mark (out of the 60% of the final examination).
- The philosophy (coefficient 8 in the general route, 4 in the technological route);
- The Grand Oral Baccalaureate (coefficient 10 in the general route, 14 in the technological route).
Continuous control coefficients
40 of these coefficients would be obtained with continuous control calculated according to the student’s general average, which takes into account the averages for the year of the final cycle school report cards.
- All the disciplines of the common core which are not the subject of final tests (modern languages A and B, history-geography, physical education and sports, scientific education for the general route, mathematics for the technological route) would have a coefficient of 6 (3 in 1st, 3 in terminal);
- Specialty education (abandoned at the end of first year) would have a coefficient of 8 (ie half of the specialty education retained by the candidate in the final year);
- Moral and civic education will have a coefficient of 2 (1 in première, 1 in terminale). It contributes to the acquisition of the values of the Republic and secularism, and will thus be distinguished in the evaluation.
Bac and Covid: what arrangements for 2022?
- Vocational baccalaureate: For high school students taking the vocational baccalaureate, the duration of the professional training periods (PFMP) is reduced by 7 to 8 weeks compared to the usual durations. Candidates thus have more time to prepare for their baccalaureate exams, which will retain the same format and the same program.
- Physical education and sport : controls during training, usually three in number, may be reduced to two when the consequences of the health situation on the availability of facilities or the preparation of students justify it.
- Advance oral French test in 1st general and technological: this year, the number of texts to be presented orally will be reduced to 16 in general and 9 in technological.
The usual mentions are maintained this year. But from what grade do we get a mention in the baccalaureate ?
- Mention Fairly well for an average between 12 and 14
- Mention Bien : between 14 and 16
- Honors : between 16 and 18;
- Mention Very good with the congratulations of the jury for an average greater than 18.
#Bac #candidates #test #dates