BACCALAUREATE. High school students are preparing to pass the bac philo this June 15 as well as the Grand Oral from June 20. Discover the dates of the tests for future graduates, as well as the coefficients, mentions and evaluation criteria.
[Mise à jour du 31 mai 2022 à 10h]. After the specialty exams which took place in May, the high school students are preparing for the philosophy testwhich takes place for all students on Wednesday, June 15, 2022. High school students educated abroad, such as in North America for example, have already worked on philosophy on May 24. From dissertation topics for the general baccalaureate: “Does consciousness stand in the way of happiness”, or “Does technology allow you to no longer be afraid of nature?”. The text explanation related to a text by Montaigne (Les Essais, book II, chapter XII (XVIth century). Grand oral examination of the baccalaureate, which begins on June 20, 2022. here are the dates of the next tests, the course and the calendar of the bac session 2022:
What are the dates of the next exams for the 2022 baccalaureate?
Dates of the general and technological baccalaureate :
- Bac philo 2022. The philosophy test will be held on June 15, 2022
- Grand oral: between June 20 and July 1, 2022.
Dates of the professional baccalaureate:
- Written and practical tests on computer media will take place between May 23 and June 3, 2022;
- General education written exams will be held between June 14 and 24, 2022;
- Professional exams are subject to a specific and variable schedule depending on the specialty concerned.
Dates of the French baccalaureate 2022
Advance written French tests will take place on Thursday, June 16, 2022, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The French oral takes place from June 20. Note that the dates of the oral French tests are set by the academies.
The Grand Oral focuses on two specialty courses. During the 20 minutes of preparation for the Grand oral (first part of the test with a 5-minute presentation), students can take notes and use them for the speaking exercise. During the second part of the test (interview), “the candidate can use a support, such as a table, to illustrate or explain his remarks (to put an equation on it, sketch a map, etc.)”.
Bac and Covid: what arrangements for 2022?
In a statement from the National Education of May 11, the Bac exams, and in particular those of specialty which inaugurate the 2022 session, will take place “for the first time in the intended format“. It had also been decided earlier in the year to postpone these tests from March to May, so that all students could pass them fairly.
- Vocational baccalaureate: For high school students taking the vocational baccalaureate, the duration of the training periods in a professional environment (PFMP) will be reduced by 7 to 8 weeks compared to the usual durations. Candidates will thus be able to have more time to prepare for their baccalaureate exams, which will retain the same format and the same program.
- Physical education and sport : controls during training, usually three in number, may be reduced to two when the consequences of the health situation on the availability of facilities or the preparation of students justify it.
- Advance oral French test in 1st general and technological: this year, the number of texts to be presented orally will be reduced to 16 in general and 9 in technological.
When are the baccalaureate results?
- Bac results: In 2022, candidates will know whether or not they have graduated from the baccalaureatefrom Tuesday 5 July.
- Remedial orals: Students with an average between 8 and 9.99/20 will be able to take the catch-up orals from Wednesday July 6 to Friday July 8, 2022.
- Replacement written tests will take place from Wednesday 7 to Friday 9 and Monday 12 September 2022 for the general and technological baccalaureates.
Bac 2022: what coefficients?
Final or anticipated tests
Of the 100 coefficients, 60 would be obtained in the context of anticipated tests or final tests:
- Advance examinations for the French baccalaureate at the end of first year (written, coefficient 5; oral, coefficient 5);
- The two tests for specialty lessons followed in terminale (coefficient 16 for each of them). This therefore represents 32% of the final mark (out of the 60% of the final examination).
- The philosophy (coefficient 8 in the general route, 4 in the technological route);
- The Grand Oral Baccalaureate (coefficient 10 in the general route, 14 in the technological route).
Continuous control coefficients
40 of these coefficients would be obtained with continuous control calculated according to the student’s general average, which takes into account the averages for the year of the final cycle school report cards.
- All the disciplines of the common core which are not the subject of final tests (modern languages A and B, history-geography, physical education and sports, scientific education for the general route, mathematics for the technological route) would have a coefficient of 6 (3 in 1st, 3 in terminal);
- Specialty education (abandoned at the end of first year) would have a coefficient of 8 (ie half of the specialty education retained by the candidate in the final year);
- Moral and civic education will have a coefficient of 2 (1 in première, 1 in terminale). It contributes to the acquisition of the values of the Republic and secularism, and will thus be distinguished in the evaluation.
Are common assessments removed?
Yes, the Ministry of National Education wishes replace these joint assessments with “continuous monitoring more flexible, supporting learning and conducted within the framework of the class”. The equal treatment of pupils must nevertheless be preserved, in particular by disseminating national benchmarks to the teaching teams.
Continuous monitoring is based on the annual averages of the results obtained during the final cycle by candidates educated in public education and in private education under contract. It will also be taken into account as part of the Parcoursup orientation procedure.
“All optional courses would be assessed according to the same methods as part of continuous assessment established from the annual averages of the averages affixed to the school report cards” specifies the Ministry of Education. Thus, an optional course followed throughout the final cycle would be evaluated with a coefficient of 4which will be added to the 100 common coefficients for the 2022 baccalaureate. if the student follows an optional course only in the final year (such as law and the major challenges of the contemporary world, expert mathematics and complementary mathematics), the coefficient will be 2. Note that all optional courses cannot exceed more than 14 coefficients distributed as follows: 6 in first, i.e. 3 optional courses; 8 in terminale, i.e. 4 optional lessons. “For example, a candidate having thus followed an optional course over the two years of the final cycle would be assessed on the expanded basis of 104 coefficients. The marks he would have obtained in this optional course would be considered in their entirety”, specifies the press release. .
The usual mentions are maintained this year. But from what grade do we get a mention in the baccalaureate ?
- Mention Fairly well for an average between 12 and 14
- Mention Bien : between 14 and 16
- Honors : between 16 and 18;
- Mention Very good with the congratulations of the jury for an average greater than 18.
#Bac #dates #schedule #tests #philosophy #Grand #Oral